Gilda Turitz on “10 Essential Tips to Succeed in ADR” for an Amnerican Arbitration Association webinarMay 2017
With ever-increasing court delays and litigation costs, clients require their lawyers to be familiar with cutting-edge developments in the ADR field as well as adept at using alternative processes to resolve disputes. During this 90-minute webinar, three successful arbitrators and mediators will examine how sophisticated commercial and employment lawyers are using mediation, arbitration, hybrids and other forms of ADR to position their clients for successful outcomes.
Areas that will be covered include:
- Understanding the spectrum of ADR procedures and how to choose the right one for your client
- Drafting the ADR clause
- Choosing the right mediator/arbitrator
- Providing the mediator or arbitrator with what she needs on behalf of your client
- Knowing the options and pitfalls of discovery in arbitration
- Making lemonade out of lemons when things may not be going your way
- Crafting effective settlement agreements and arbitration awards
This webinar will provide proven recommendations for optimizing your chances of success in arbitration and mediation, not found in any arbitration rules, gleaned from actual cases and years of practice.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Advocates, arbitrators, mediators, advocates, academics, and anyone interested in the dynamics of dispute resolution.READ MORE