Louis Feuchtbaum’s practice is focused on white collar criminal defense, protecting intellectual property rights, and complex civil litigation. A former Assistant District Attorney in the Bronx, Mr. Feuchtbaum specialized in investigating and prosecuting organized crime and official corruption cases. He oversaw several long-term investigations involving electronic surveillance that targeted money laundering, fraud, and extortion, including an investigation which led to the break-up of one of the largest illegal gun smuggling operations in New York City history. Mr. Feuchtbaum has defended major automotive and tire manufacturers in product liability actions, and he has defended individuals accused of complex frauds and business crimes. In addition to his trial experience, Mr. Feuchtbaum has written appellate briefs and petitions for matters pending in the California appellate courts and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He has also argued before the Appellate Division of the New York Supreme Court. Mr. Feuchtbaum is a former Naval Officer who has served in combat.
Mr. Feuchtbaum is admitted to practice in California and in New York.
- Representing Cisco Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of network hardware, in coordinating criminal enforcement of the anti-counterfeit trafficking statute, which resulted in more than 30 criminal convictions from 2007 to the present
- Representing a major technology company (cellphones, semiconductors and other products) in counterfeit investigations and engagement with Customs and law enforcement
- Representing a major semiconductor company in counterfeit investigations and engagement with Customs and law enforcement
- Representing a major software company in counterfeit investigations and engagement with Customs and law enforcement
- Representing a leading manufacturer of computer hardware in counterfeit investigations and engagement with law enforcement in various states
- Represented Cisco Systems, Inc. in a civil trademark action in the Northern District of California alleging sales of counterfeit equipment by a broker; settled favorably before significant discovery
Sales and Discount Fraud
- Representing a leading manufacturer of computer hardware in promoting criminal discount fraud matters with law enforcement involving significant fraud schemes targeting sales discount programs;
silver plattereddiscount fraud cases to law enforcement in various jurisdictions and obtained cooperation and federal investigations
- Representing Cisco Systems, Inc., in promoting discount fraud cases with law enforcement in significant fraud schemes that targeted sales discount programs
- Representing Cisco Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of network hardware, in promoting Brand Protection and warranty fraud cases with law enforcement, which has entailed working with the FBI, ICE, and other law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors in more than twenty states, U.K., and Canada
- Representing Cisco Systems, Inc., in a civil case in Orange County as a plaintiff, against companies and individuals, alleging warranty fraud and discount fraud schemes
Business Crimes Defense Representations
- Represented an officer of a sanitation district against allegations of dumping of sewage into San Francisco Bay, obtaining non-prosecution
- People v. Terrell, 748 N.Y.S.2d 257 (App. Div. 2002)
- Perry v. Brown, 671 F.3d 1052 (9th Cir. 2012)
Mr. Feuchtbaum is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is admitted to practice in California and in New York.
- Co-author, "The Law’s Breakable Protections for Unbreakable Encryption," The Recorder, 2016
- Commentary, "Defense Claims Courthouse Was Illegally Bugged," The Recorder, 2015
- Commentary, "Counterfeit Chinese Microchips Are Getting So Good They Can't Be Identified," Business Insider, 2012
- "Defenses to Discount Fraud Stripped." The Recorder, 2011
- Co-author,"Chapter 7, Digital Forensics Investigations in Corporate Environments," Scientific Evidence and Expert Testimony in California 2017, California Continuing Education of the Bar