Alisa Won concentrates her practice in the business and corporate securities area.
Ms. Won represents emerging and established companies in financing and merger and acquisition transactions. With emerging companies, Ms. Won helps entrepreneurs form companies and advises on issues regarding their growth such as equity incentives and their financings. With both emerging and established companies, she represents them in buying and selling businesses in transactions ranging from large to small. She regularly counsels senior management and boards of directors on fiduciary, governance, and disclosure issues. Prior to joining Sideman & Bancroft LLP, she was a partner in the corporate department of Winston & Strawn LLP from 2005 to 2011.
Ms. Won’s representations include clients in software, e-commerce, digital media and consumer products.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representation of AVG Technologies UK Limited, a global leader in security software, in its acquisition of Privax, a desktop and mobile privacy firm known for its popular HideMyAss! Pro VPN service
- Representation of AVG Technologies N.V. and AVG Technologies USA, Inc., a global leader in security software, in its acquisition of WaveMarket, Inc. dba Location Labs, a mobile location and security company
- Representation of SIMCO Electronics, the leading independent provider of high-quality calibration, repair, and software services for test and measurement equipment, in a management-led recapitalization transaction.
- Representation of Meetyl Inc., a fully automated corporate access platform to facilitate communication between investors and corporate entities, in its sale to Glass Lewis & Co., LLC
- Representation of Nova Group, Inc., a commercial engineering contracting company in large-scale fueling, utilities and waterfront military and private projects, in its sale to Quanta Services, Inc.
- Representation of Black Bag Advertising, Inc., a digital media advertising firm, in its sale of assets to Essence Digital Group Limited
- Representation of Kongregate Inc., a free-to-play social game aggregation site and community of gamers, in its sale to GameStop Corp.
- Representation of Ruleburst Holdings Limited, the parent company of Haley Limited, a leading provider of policy modeling and automation software for legislative and regulated industries, in its sale to Oracle Corporation
- Representation of Youth To The People, a skincare company, in its Series A financing
- Representation of Compology, Inc., creator of WasteOS, the only dynamic routing system built exclusively for the waste industry, in its financings
- Representation of Mozilla Corporation, one of the institutions supporting the free software Mozilla community, in its investment in the Series C financing of DoAT Media Ltd., producer of Everything.me, a fully mobile web app giving users instant access to content from the best publishers
- Representation of Poetic Brands, Inc. (aka Sprogs), a food company and maker of Rice Scooters™, a fresh snack, in its seed financing
- Representation of Cignifi Inc., a mobile phone-based behavior analysis network that provides lead generation, credit scoring and tracking services for financial services companies in emerging markets, in its financings
- Representation of MeasureOne, Inc., a specialized data company focused exclusively on student loan data, in its seed financing
- Representation of Cola, Inc., creator of the real-time coordination and collaboration app, in its seed financing
Ms. Won is an advisory trustee to the May Treat Morrison Chamber Music Foundation. She is also a member of the board of directors of San Francisco Classical Voice.